A thick head of hair increases your personality and shows that you are quite healthy. But every one of us at some stage in life suffers from the problem of hair loss , which can be acute in some cases . There can be several factors behind hair loss such as environmental effects , aging, too much stress, excessive smoking, nutritional deficiencies , hormonal imbalance, use of chemically enriched hair products , thyroid disorder , auto immune disease , iron deficiency anemia, chronic illness , menopause , pregnancy, scalp infection, medication etc….It will always hold true that – “ Only when you are healthy inside will your hair be healthy” .
Symptoms of hair loss :
Gradual thinning on top of head.
Circular or patchy bald spots .
· Opt for Natural Remedies for hair growth that have no side effects . The best part is that you can find these ingredients in your kitchen. Some of these are :
· Hair oil massage :- Do this at least once a week . You can use any type of oil for massage . it will increase blood flow to the hair follicles and also reduce feeling of stress.
· Onions and aloe-vera juice :- Onions have sulphur which help improve blood circulation to the hair follicles . Whole aloe vera contains enzyme that directly promote healthy hair growth.
· Mix 3 tbs onion juice and 2 tbs aloe vera juice . Apply it directly on the scalp , leave it for about 30 minutes and after that wash it off. Finally shampoo your hair.
· Vitamin A rich carrots provide excellent nourishment for the scalp. So eat carrots
· Flaxseeds are a rich source of omega - 3 fatty acids that can prevent further hair loss. You can add flaxseeds to your salads , soups, yogurt etc.
· Fenugreek seeds contain proteins and nicotinic acid that stimulate hair growth.
· Soak one cup of fenugreek seeds in water overnight . In the morning grind them to make a paste. Apply the paste to your hair and cover with a shower cap. After about 40 minutes rinse your hair. Follow this remedy every morning for a month.
· Oats – oats are rich in omega 6 fatty acids which are essential for hair growth and development. So eat oat meal in your breakfast at alternate day to say goodbye to hair fall.
· Walnuts are also rich in omega 6 fatty acids , iron , zinc and plenty of proteins. Include walnuts in your daily diet.
Coconut Milk is among the richest sources of tissue nourishing . Grind the grated coconut and squeeze it for milk. Massage with this milk not promotes hair growth but also does conditioning of hair.
Calcium is an important mineral for hair growth . Have yogurt daily laced with fruits and dry fruits.
Lack of iron may be responsible for your hair loss . So eat prunes , beetroots which are rich in iron. Spinach is a rich source of iron , vitamin A and proteins.
All lentils are rich in proteins. Almost 80% of human hair is composed of protein thus proteins have a very important role in hair grow
Tips to control hair fall and promote hair growth is incomplete without the mention of Amla. It helps in strengthening the hair follicles and stimulate the hair growth . Mix 2 tsp of Amla juice with 2 tsp of lime juice . Apply this mixture on scalp and leave it dry for 2 hours. Rinse off with lukewarm water.
Mix honey with curd and apply it on hair. Wash off thoroughly when dry. It will moisturize your hair.
Avoid combing in wet hair.
Dr. Suman Setia
Dr. Suman Setia